The Barbourville Utility Commission was created in October 1938 by the Barbourville City Council for the purpose of purchasing the existing Electric System. Three (3) Commissioners are selected from the citizens of Barbourville by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Each member serves a three (3) year term. The original commissioners were; J.M Wilson, Charles Jennings and Dr. B.P. Jones. J.R. “Jack” Wharton was hired as Superintendent.
- Main Office 546-3187 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
- Water Plant 546-3189 Monday thru Sunday from 6:00a.m. to 10:00p.m.
- Wastewater Plant 546-8211 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m to 5:00p.m.
- Head end 545-9205 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- Internet Office 545-9206 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m to 5:00p.m.