The Barbourville Utility Commission strives to provide Barbourville and Knox County with the most economical and highest quality service available, whether it is the highest quality water, the most reliable electric or the most advanced telecommunications.
Barbourville City Council created the commission in October 1938 for the purpose of purchasing the existing electric system. The commission, which now has 44 employees, has since expanded to include water, wastewater, cable television and fiber Internet services. Three commissioners, who are Barbourville residents, are selected by the mayor and approved by the city council. Each member serves a three-year term.
Chairman Tim Davis
John Knox Mills
Contact phone numbers:
- Main Office 606 546-3187 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
- Water Plant 606 546-3189 Monday thru Sunday from 6:00a.m. to 10:00p.m.
- Wastewater Plant 606 546-8211 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m to 5:00p.m.
- Head end 606 545-9205 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- Internet Office 606 545-9206 Monday thru Friday from 8:00a.m to 5:00p.m.
- 24 x 7 Automated Bill Pay 800-731-7203